University of Gloucestershire is a diverse, vibrant community of 12,000 students and 1,500 staff with campuses in Cheltenham and Gloucester. Our teaching dates back to 1847; we’ve come a long way since then and have exciting plans for the future.
We act with compassion. We are inclusive and treat everyone equally and with respect. We recognise the unique value and worth of every individual, and their contribution to our community. We cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, feel they belong, and do their best work.
We encourage and inspire ourselves and every individual in our community to be the best they can be. We aim for excellence in everything we do. We nurture aspirations, and pursue opportunities to transform and influence society for the better.
We are committed to reducing our own environmental footprint and to protecting the wellbeing and viability of our community and the wider world by promoting the knowledge, skills, behaviours and commitments that will safeguard our collective future.
Our strategic plan 2022-27 is focused around five goals, supported by four thematic ambitions. These ambitions are not outcomes in themselves, but are the threads that inform and guide everything that we do, making up our University’s distinctive identity and character.
- Education – to support our students, in the UK and overseas, to learn well by providing an outstanding education
- Student Life – to support our students to thrive and flourish
- Student Outcomes – to support our students to achieve their full potential in their careers and their lives
- Research, Innovation and Enterprise – to undertake excellent research and encourage innovation and enterprise for students, staff and partners
- Civic Role – to promote the wellbeing and advancement of our community
Our thematic ambitions
- Belonging: We aspire to be a community which values positive human relationships in everything we do.
- Connected: Across the range of our activities, we aim to be outward looking, externally engaged and connected, working with partners for mutual benefit.
- Global: At University of Gloucestershire, we aim to provide a welcoming and supportive community for our international students, who help to create a rich, diverse, globally-aware environment for all our students.
- Sustainability: For many years, we have been a leading university in the UK for sustainability. We have integrated sustainability across all aspects of our operations, including the curriculum and research, as well as management of our estate.